We're very excited that LiveJournal has agreed to help launch the LJ Challenge!
We're calling all LJers to help us raise funds for classroom projects across the country. You can create a DonorsChoose Challenge. Pick the the classroom needs that speak to you. Your friends and readers will be able to fulfill them. And kids will get great educational experiences.
Check out the top LJers and bloggers in the challenge!
Full instructions for getting started, after the jump.
- To get started, go to the Bloggers Choose page and click the “Create a Challenge” button, which will walk you through creating an account, naming your challenge, etc.
- Pick an amount you want to raise through your challenge. (You can change this at any time.) And decide who should get the feedback packages of letters from the students and pictures of the project — you or your readers.
- Search or Browse proposals to add to your challenge! Are your readers techies? Search for technology or science projects. Is your LJ political? You can search for civics projects. Heck, you could create a Knitting Challenge or a Harry Potter Challenge! Whatever your interests, there are proposals on DonorsChoose to meet them. When you find one you like, click “ADD TO CHALLENGE” in the bottom right of the proposal.
- Tell your readers and friends about your challenge and link to it on your LJ! You'll find linking tools in your “Challenge Details” page, including buttons and a cool “thermometer” that will show how much you've raised:
You can put these on your profile page, or in your side-bar if your style permits it.
- If you use tagging, please tag your post with ljers_challenge. Other tags you can use are Charity, Education, Philanthropy, Nonprofit, Schools, Giving. If you use a social bookmarking service like digg or del.icio.us, please link to www.bloggerschoose.org to promote the Blogger Challenge.
- Your readers can make an unrestricted gift to your Challenge (that you will allocate to a specific proposal) OR your readers can fund a particular proposal within your Challenge. Either way, your challenge will be credited if they come through your challenge page.
- Compare and track your progress with other LJers and bloggers on our Leaderboard.
- Create as many challenges as you like!
- If you have any questions, you can reach me at donorschoose or directly at michael @ donorschoose.org . Thanks!